Today I’m sharing this recipe from Gerri at ‘My Keto Kitchen’. It’s a Cinnamon Tea Cake, which is low carb / keto, light, fluffy and sweet on top!
3.5 ounces of Unsalted Butter, softened
¼ cup of Swerve
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
1 ¼ cup of Almond Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
¼ cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tablespoon of Unsalted Butter, melted for topping
1 tablespoon of Swerve, for topping
1 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon, for toppingMethod
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
2. Prepare an 8 inch round cake tin by greasing and lining the base with parchment paper.
3. Place the butter and swerve in a bowl and beat with your hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat them in.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, except the topping ingredients, and mix on low speed until combined.
6. Gently spoon the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cake is lightly browned and springs back when touched in the centre.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
8. Mix together the swerve and cinnamon in a small bowl.
9. Brush the warm cake with the melted butter and sprinkle over the cinnamon mixture.
10. Serve the cake warm.
Carbs: 3.5g Protein: 5g Fat: 22g Fibre: 2g Vitamin A: 455IU Calcium: 79mg Iron: 0.9mg
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Have you tried these low carb cake recipes?
This blog brings a variety of recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan